Orangeburg, SC asked in Probate for South Carolina

Q: ]See below as this box stops mid word in typing process.

Above box was not working. In SC probate law, how long does a complaining plaintiff have to serve a defendant the summons he has submitted to the court? Plaintiff filed complaint one week before ten year deadline with falsified information being given to the court. Defendant was original named executor but no probate was necessary PER two probate judges upon death of the will in question.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN

A: Defendant needs a competent SC attorney to file Motion To Dismiss for the SOL, lack of Service, Summons not reissued in a timely manner, etc. This is not the kind of Case to represent yourself as there could a large Judgment By Default, which you would not know about until too late to appeal or set aside.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.