Bloomington, IN asked in Criminal Law for Kentucky

Q: I am on probation and recently became homeless. I applied for a transfer but was denied due to another convicted felon

Living at address. When I contacted my probation officer from other county she said I have 24 hrs to find somewhere else to go. I haven't found anywhere yet. Can she send police to get me or will there be a revocation hearing or what?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Leland Hulbert
Leland Hulbert
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: You need to communicate as much as possible with your probation officer. They may give you a break if you communicate well with them. If they believe you have violated, she could file a report, and then they would be brought before a judge, and he would be entitled to a revocation hearing in the future.

Timothy Denison agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.