Brooklyn, NY asked in Health Care Law, Education Law and Gov & Administrative Law for New York

Q: If the judge put a neglect case on me but I got my children back can I go to school to become a nurse to care for adults

I want to go to nursing school or am I not allowed to have nursing license in ny state

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: This may be something that most Criminal Defense attorneys and Health Care Law attorneys (categories chosen for the post) do not casually deal with on a regular basis. It may be more along the lines of professional licensing. You could try reposting under Education Law, which might be a closer category. You could also start with research of your own.

Here is a link to License Requirements for Registered Professional Nursing in New York State...

If you get to the point of needing an attorney, you will have at least familiarized yourself with the requirements for licensing.

Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.