Asked in Juvenile Law for Louisiana

Q: 16 year old son charged with indecent behavior with a juvenile. The girl is 13. What kind of sentence is he looking at?

State of Louisiana, never been in trouble with the law.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Baton Rouge, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: More information is needed in order to give a better answer/assessment. Because it is possible that the 16 year old can be prosecuted as a juvenile or prosecuted as an adult, it is important to hire a lawyer immediately to try to steer this case to the juvenile court as well as to begin mitigation and defense of the 16 year old. There is a big different between prosecution and consequences in juvenile court as opposed to adult court. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.