Memphis, TN asked in Small Claims for Tennessee

Q: If a towing co volatiles TCA 55.16.112 & 55.16.103 towing a vehicle parked less than 48hr how do I get my vehicle

I parked my 04 Dodge Durango which is insuranced & tagged in the state of Tennessee, in the parking lot of the dollar general store, I went in bought some stuff & when I started to leave my Durango had broken down, I asked the store manager Miss Sheaffer if I could leave it until the next afternoon or maybe day after, miss Sheaffer said yes but only a few days, next morning her boyfriend said that it had been towed, a employee of her's had it towed & she tried to stop the tow truck driver from taking it but he said it was to late, I've called the owner of the towing company Nick Wall minor's towing and recovery LLC Lexington TN told him TCA 55.16.112 & 55.16.103 says that it wasn't legal for him to tow, Nick Wall say's it doesn't matter to him a employee gave him permission, how do I get back my Durango I don't have $1200

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: You might file an Action To Recover Personal Property in General Sessions. Defendant may sue and/or defend on their fees. But at least you will get it going, but you may have to tow it away again if not fixed. Sessions has some equity jurisdiction, so a lawyer would be helpful.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.