Denver, CO asked in Workers' Compensation for Colorado

Q: I think I injured my shoulder at work but I have no evidence. Is it possible to get workman's comp?

I just recently switched to the packaging department at work. Their tables are so low I have to bend to work over them. I woke up the next day with my shoulder in pain. I have no evidence to prove I hurt it at work. Is there anyway I can file for workman's comp?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Rose
Tim Rose pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Pleasant Grove, UT

A: First, tell your employer. You should go to a doctor and explain what happened. If the doctor agrees that the reason your shoulder hurts is because of the work you do, the doctor can put that in your medical report. Then you can bring that to your employer and file a claim for your injury. You should ask your employer if they have a work comp doctor they can send you to if they have one.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.