Asked in Child Custody, Child Support, Divorce and Family Law for Louisiana

Q: my husband has filed for a no fault divorce while he was cheating on me throughout n was involved in adultery n voilance

i have minor child i want to know what are my legal rights

1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Baton Rouge, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: To best protect your rights, you will need to have a lawyer in the legal proceedings. As such, you should really begin meeting and consulting with a family law attorney(s) in your area so you can hire the one with whom you are most comfortable. There are many issues involved, including but not limited to divorce, temporary spousal support (alimony), permanent spousal support, child custody, visitation, child support, and community property----that's a lot of legal rights in which you will need to know. Please use the Justia Find a Lawyer tab and search for domestic or family law attorneys in your parish.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.