Broken Arrow, OK asked in Divorce and Appeals / Appellate Law for Oklahoma

Q: Submitted my Petition in errors, and certified order to the Supreme Court. How long after for transcripts and briefs?

1 Lawyer Answer
Evan Humphreys
Evan Humphreys
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Guymon, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Rules vary for criminal and civil appeals and there are further differences within civil appeals based on the type of case and the type of order you are appealing from. But the general rule is that the record must be completed within six months of the date of the order appealed. And the brief in chief is due within 60 days of the filing of the Notice of Completion of Record. Missing deadlines can cause your case to be dismissed so reach out to an appellate attorney to see if any special rules apply to your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.