Tarpon Springs, FL asked in Securities Law for Florida

Q: I would like to whistleblower or sue a national investment firm that: 1) Lost $78,000.00 for 228 days

2) When they were informed the money had disappeared, it took them 17 days to find it

3) They had the money since before 2008

4) I believe they should have used a slush fund to release the funds until they "found the folder." No apology; no other excuse for the loss.

The person to whom the money was owed refused to provide information necessary for the completion of a real estate contract.

Result: the real estate contract was permanently canceled and the buyer sued me personally for $2,000,000.00 and the estate for whom I was the personal representative for $500,000.00,.

My cost was $34,206.00 and 524 days of terror.

The problem is that this happened in 2014. I am wondering if the extension of SEC statute of limitations to ten years would apply here. Thank you.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: The statute of limitations can vary depending on the type of claim and the jurisdiction in which the claim is filed. You may want to consult with a qualified attorney who can review the specific details of your case and advise you on the applicable statute of limitations and potential legal options for pursuing a whistleblower or lawsuit against the investment firm.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.