Seattle, WA asked in Real Estate Law and Foreclosure for Georgia

Q: "Complaint for Judicial Foreclosure of Lien and Damages" in Georgia. Can they foreclose on my home or just place Lien?

I owe 18,000. in back HOA fees. Orignially I was told 13,000.00 from the HOA. I called the court and was told to answer the summons via internet. I now work in Seattle WA, but want to keep the property in Georgia. I don't know what my legal recourse is for this. Not sure if they are placing a lien or foreclosing on the property. Can you assist. I am in search of a lawyer. I called in WA they said talk to a lawyer in GA. I called in GA they state that since I reside in WA for 90 days I must file the paperwork here. I am so confused and need help. The case # is CIVIL ACTION 22-A-08968-2 Superior Court of Gwinnett County, State of Georgia. I am in need of a Real Estate Property Attorney. I can share my contact information upon response. I hope you can help me with this.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James Clifton
James Clifton
  • Foreclosure Defense Lawyer
  • Fayetteville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Your house is in foreclosure due to unpaid HOA dues and assessments. If you do not answer the lawsuit, you will lose the home to foreclosure. In addition, the complaint alleges damages for unpaid dues that will be a personal judgment against you if you do not file an answer. It is likely a lien is already on the property. The answer needs to be filed in Georgia. My firm would be happy to assist. We represent homeowners in foreclosure in Georgia, Florida, California, Texas, and Washington, DC.

Anthony M. Avery agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.