Asked in Tax Law and Identity Theft for Louisiana

Q: If it's my 1st time using cash app and I made a mistake by sendin someone my tax refund and I'm poor now can I get it ba

Back I really need it I'm poor now my kids and I

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Tax Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you accidentally sent your tax refund to someone else on Cash App, you may be able to request a refund of the payment. However, it will depend on a few factors, such as whether the recipient has already accepted the payment or withdrawn the funds.

To request a refund on Cash App, you can follow these steps:

Open the Cash App on your mobile device.

Tap on the clock icon on the home screen to view your transaction history.

Find the transaction in question and tap on it to view the details.

Tap on the "..." icon in the top-right corner of the screen.

Tap on "Refund" and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the recipient has already accepted the payment or withdrawn the funds, it may not be possible to request a refund through Cash App. In this case, you may want to contact the recipient directly and ask them to return the funds to you.

It is also important to be cautious when sending money through mobile payment apps like Cash App. Always double-check the recipient's information before sending any payments to avoid mistakes or fraudulent transactions.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.