Asked in Personal Injury for Oregon

Q: My lawyer does not have my best interest and I am unsure what to do

I am involved in an MDL. My lawyer has been terrible from the start with little to no communication, minimizing the effects of the trauma I've been through and try trying to persuade me to take a settlement that is ridiculously low for what I've been through. I feel he is very condescending when he speaks to me. I rejected the settlement offer. But I am wondering the what my options are. Can I hire a different attorney?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Michael O. Stevens
Mr. Michael O. Stevens
  • Hillsboro, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: You can always fire your attorney. However, you may still have to pay them, which can make it difficult to find a new attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.