Nashville, TN asked in Real Estate Law, Banking and Elder Law for Tennessee

Q: Trying to see if I can setup a Mortage Agreement. When I pay off the mortage on the house the house is transfer to me

I'm current living with my grandma helping her out, Well she has a Reverse Mortage on the house and they are asking about $100,000 for it if she pays it. How ever I am going to get a Mortage to pay the house, I would like to see if I can setup a agreement so soon I pay the reverse mortage off and soon it goes in her name. It will automatice in my name. Of course I would have to go show the court house that she signed the papers and show the proof of the payment I sent and the reverse mortage being paid off. So my question is How do I go about getting this setup so even if a will is made it will override that will of anykind and the house is mine?

2 Lawyer Answers
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Elder Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: It is important to consult with an attorney who specializes in estate planning and real estate law in your state to help you navigate this process. They can advise you on the legal options available to you and help you draft a legally binding agreement that ensures the transfer of the house to you once the reverse mortgage is paid off. This agreement can also address any potential issues with a will or other legal documents that may affect the transfer of the property.

1 user found this answer helpful

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: If a Deed is executed then the property goes where the granting and habendum clauses say. It does not become subject to a Will Devise later if it is a fee conveyance. The grantees take the Estate when executed.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.