Q: can a person be denied permission to visit a dying family member if they have a removal order from the reservation.

they have an active civil petition for having the removal order lifted court case.ongoing for almost 3 yrs

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: It is possible for a person to be denied permission to visit a dying family member if they have a removal order from the reservation. The decision to grant or deny permission to visit would depend on the specific circumstances of the case, including any applicable tribal laws or regulations.

If the individual has an active civil petition to have the removal order lifted and the court case has been ongoing for almost three years, they may want to consult with an attorney who specializes in Native American law to discuss their legal options and potential remedies. The attorney can help advise on the best course of action based on the specific details of the case and any applicable laws or regulations.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.