Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Minnesota Native American Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Native American Law for Minnesota on
Q: can a person be denied permission to visit a dying family member if they have a removal order from the reservation.

they have an active civil petition for having the removal order lifted court case.ongoing for almost 3 yrs

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 16, 2023

It is possible for a person to be denied permission to visit a dying family member if they have a removal order from the reservation. The decision to grant or deny permission to visit would depend on the specific circumstances of the case, including any applicable tribal laws or regulations.... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Criminal Law, Native American Law and Traffic Tickets for Minnesota on
Q: Is Driving after Cancelation (IPS) ,civil reg. Or criminal? I am a enrolled tribal member, and I was cited on res land

I was cited by a tribal officer, but I was given a Becker Co. Citation, I requested this remain in tribal court and was denied, because the officer believed dac,IPS is a criminal act and would be heard in district court.

Jonathan Matthew Holson
Jonathan Matthew Holson
answered on Apr 15, 2024

DAC-IPS is absolutely a criminal offense.

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Communications Law, Domestic Violence and Native American Law for Minnesota on
Q: Are charges possible 2 do on a incarcerated inmate with felony assaults,multiple domestics,terroristic threats&stalking?

The only contact was the inmates texter and phone calls. The inmate was told several times to stop calling and texting but has continued to do so with disrespectful remarks and unbelievable name calling along with telling other inmates that the person is a ratchet jail pass around then distributed... View More

William Bailey
William Bailey
answered on Sep 1, 2020

It sounds like there is a possibility of charges for harassment, stalking, unwanted phone calls, etc. If you wanted to pursue charges the avenue would be to report it to police.

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Constitutional Law, Domestic Violence, Federal Crimes and Native American Law for Minnesota on
Q: i was recently convicted of assaualt resulting in serious bodily injury in which there was,no statement by the vicvictim

pertaining i was the one that assaulted her and nor did she show to testifie in trial,in which i was still found guilty

Jonathan Matthew Holson
Jonathan Matthew Holson
answered on Feb 15, 2020

There’s not really a question here but you should file an appeal if you believe that you were wrongfully convicted. I presume that the government had other evidence such as third party witnesses or out of court statements, but it’s impossible to weigh in on the conviction with the limited... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Native American Law for Minnesota on
Q: Im half native american am i elligable for money
Robert Donald Gifford II
Robert Donald Gifford II
answered on Mar 25, 2017

You need to look into what you need to do to become a member of your tribe. Every tribe is a separate sovereign, and each tribe has a variety of different benefits.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.