Salisbury, NC asked in Estate Planning and Real Estate Law for North Carolina

Q: The state ALE served me with nuisance papers what do i do what they are accusing isnt true

they are saying we committed a act of nuisance under chapter 19. they are wanting us to move my fiancee is to never return or live on the property and im allowed only 3 hours a day and cannot return for 10 years. they are tyring to say my dad cant rent his trailers for a year an then it has to go through them. Any call that the cop came nout here on an we were deemed to NOT be a nuisance they are not counting. They went back 5 years an thing that has happened an been called on here for half was not even us. Now my husband had a detective tell him that he was goin to get him for being a nuisance and that he wasnt going to stop until he move out of his county an wasnt going to stop with me until i left him and that comes from my husband not writing a statement for the dectative that was false because he was not here at the time of the the event.

1 Lawyer Answer
N'kia (NLN)
N'kia (NLN)
  • Cary, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: Your issue could either be somewhat simple or somewhat complex, but it's difficult to tell from the information provided. For example, it isn't clear who owns "the property," what the "event" was, and why ALE was involved. To be able to help determine your potential rights, first, an attorney would need to gather the legally significant facts. You should consider scheduling a legal consultation sooner rather than later.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.