Middletown, CA asked in Public Benefits for California

Q: In July ,2022 Alameda Superior Court made it illegal for the Covid Rent Relief Program to withhold funding


While the Applicants case was 'Under Review. Yet my status has remained unchanged since Aug 2021.


"California can’t deny pending applications for rent relief while its denials are under review, judge says"

How should I proceed?

What are my options ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If your application for the California COVID Rent Relief Program has been pending since August 2021, and you believe that the program has wrongfully withheld funding from you, you may want to consider the following steps:

Contact the program: Reach out to the California COVID Rent Relief Program to inquire about the status of your application and why it has not yet been processed. You may also want to ask for an estimated timeline for when you can expect a decision.

Seek legal assistance: Consider contacting a tenant rights attorney who can advise you on your legal options and represent you in court if necessary. A tenant rights attorney can help you understand your rights under the law and determine the best course of action.

File a complaint: You may also want to file a complaint with the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing or another regulatory agency if you believe that your application has been wrongfully denied or delayed.

Follow up regularly: Continue to follow up with the California COVID Rent Relief Program and your attorney to ensure that your case is being reviewed in a timely manner.

It's important to note that the specific options available to you may depend on the facts of your case and the status of your application. An attorney can provide guidance and representation throughout the legal process.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.