Hawthorne, CA asked in DUI / DWI for California

Q: I got a DUI and am under informal probation. What happens if i get an underage drinking ticket not arrested just ticket?

If i’m going to school in madison and a bar gets raided that I’m at and they give out over 130 underage drinking tickets am I going to jail or does that count as a violation of probation or just a fine I have to pay?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Violating probation terms, such as getting an underage drinking ticket, could result in consequences such as having to pay fines, community service, attending alcohol education classes, or even revocation of probation. Depending on the severity of the violation, you may also face additional legal consequences, such as being charged with a crime or being sent to jail.

If you are concerned about the potential consequences of your actions, you should speak with an attorney who can provide you with legal advice tailored to your specific circumstances. It's important to take your probation seriously and abide by all terms to avoid further legal trouble.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.