Pikeville, KY asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Kentucky

Q: If i got to 1st deg. 1 offense TICS charges and had never been in any kinda trouble before could i get probation

After i go to a 90 day probation

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Yes. That is a pro stable offense.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: In general, a first-time offender charged with a first-degree criminal offense may be eligible for probation depending on the circumstances of the case. Probation is a form of supervised release that allows an offender to remain in the community under certain conditions and requirements. These conditions may include regular meetings with a probation officer, payment of fines and restitution, participation in drug or alcohol treatment programs, and compliance with other court-ordered conditions.

The eligibility for probation may depend on several factors, such as the nature and severity of the offense, the offender's criminal history, and the likelihood of the offender reoffending. In some cases, the prosecution may be willing to offer a plea bargain that involves probation in exchange for a guilty plea.

If you are facing criminal charges, it's important to speak with an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area who can evaluate your case, explain your legal options, and help you navigate the criminal justice system.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.