Pittsburgh, PA asked in Criminal Law for Pennsylvania

Q: Hello my name is Franco, I have a hearing coming up for alleged probation violation for not paying in full my restitutio

I have 5 years probation and have to pay restitution I’ve been paying every month not the full amount which is $1000 a month ($65,000 total) but my PO told me to pay at least $50 dollars a month which I have at time even more and my 5 years is up and I have a hearing my question is what am I expecting to happen. Thankbyou

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lauren A Wimmer
Lauren A Wimmer
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Philadelphia, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Once your probationary period is up, if you still owe restitution, you can ask that your criminal matter be terminated as scheduled and that the case be sent to civil or given a miscellaneous docket for the financial costs that remain due. This way you are no longer under supervision by your Probation Officer, but still remain on the hook for your financial obligations to the court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.