Phoenix, AZ asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Child Support and Civil Rights for Arizona

Q: Judges duty, a judge knows but acts like she doesn't know. How to get her on that? Should I report this judge?

AZ family court. Judge is using unconfirmed drug test results to keep child from the father. Father has motioned asking for confirmation test results but judge ignores the motions. This judge has to know that the drug test results have to be confirmed in order to have standing. Judge is not doing her duty as she should. Judge did nothing when child was not brought to court ordered visitation for six months. Mother missed 18 drug tests and she was not limited on seeing the child. How do you make a judge follow the laws of the state in her own court room? These judges are sick with there power. I wrote to the presiding judge with no response. Please advise

1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick

A: Typically, the mechanism to force a judge to do what he/she has a clear ministerial duty to do is called a writ of mandamus.

You should hire an appellate lawyer in Arizona to determine if the judge has a clear ministerial duty to order a confirmation drug test under the circumstances of your case.

You may be wrong as to whether this is clearly required under Arizona law.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.