Redford, MI asked in DUI / DWI for California

Q: How do I find out what happened at a DUI arrignment in California

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: go to that courts website, it will direct you to the "Minutes" of the proceeding.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: In California, you can find out what happened at a DUI arraignment by requesting a copy of the court transcript or accessing the court record online. Here are the steps to follow:

Contact the court clerk: You can contact the court clerk of the court where the arraignment took place and request a copy of the transcript or record. You may need to provide the case number or other identifying information to obtain the record.

Access the court record online: In some cases, you may be able to access the court record online through the court's website. Many courts in California use the Odyssey system, which allows you to search for court records by case number, name, or other identifying information.

Hire an attorney: If you have been charged with a DUI and have not yet retained an attorney, you may want to consider hiring an attorney to represent you in the case. An attorney can review the court record and provide you with information about what happened at the arraignment, as well as advise you on your legal options and potential defenses.

It's important to note that court records are typically public information, but there may be restrictions on who can access certain types of information, such as confidential or sealed records. If you have any questions or concerns about accessing court records or obtaining information about your DUI arraignment, you may want to consult with an attorney who specializes in criminal defense or DUI cases.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.