Davenport, FL asked in Consumer Law and Contracts for Louisiana

Q: I was served a citation for a defaulted loan. Myself and the loan company have since made an agreement. How do I respond

I was served on the 21st, we made the agreement on the 22nd, and I need to file a pleading by the 31st.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Baton Rouge, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: You need to file some sort of pleading, which I would suggest be an Answer, so that the loan company cannot seek a judgment without your being aware of it. Also, if you have the finances at this time, I suggest you contact a lawyer and ask for a 30 minute consult to discuss this case as well as the agreement you made. You want to make sure you are aware of the full agreement you made and what it includes (principal, interest, legal fees, what else)-----you can discuss this in your consult.

Jason Thomas Olivier agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.