Boise, ID asked in Health Care Law and Criminal Law for Idaho

Q: Idaho health and welfare declared my bf incompetent and ordered a 90 day commitment, is there a time limit on when they

Transfer him to a hospital for further evaluation?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Boise, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: You can look up the regulation(s) that have to do with how long they can hold your bf, before they will be required to release him. These can be found here:

Every law that the Legislature passes, has to have a "regulation" that tells cops and others how exactly to do their job enforcing the "law' that they passed. Idaho Code 15-5-310 gives whomever has your bf just 72 hours to notify the "family" that a "proceeding" has been involuntarily begun. If you want to get notified of things that are happening, you will need to contact bf's "family." Good luck to you!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.