Grants Pass, OR asked in Civil Litigation and Probate for Oregon

Q: I was previously the sole trustee for my late parents irrevocable trust. Myself and my brother are beneficiaries.

My brother has fought my legal authority from day 1 and done everything he could to conceal, withhold and hide debts owed , creditors etc… I’ve been trying to administer the trust for two years now and he’s got an attorney that’s had me removed as trustee and is now suing me for failure to meet all the requirements and obligations of a trustee. I don’t know what to do, I tried my best to do everything I could properly but I made some mistakes along the way. My brother had threatened to take every penny from me and it looks like he just may with a $500,000 civil suit. What can I do if anything?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Theressa Hollis
Theressa Hollis
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Portland, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: It is important that you hire a litigator to represent you. This will be the only way you will be appropriately defended and have any chance of receiving your share of the inheritance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.