Moreno Valley, CA asked in Contracts for California

Q: What is the verbal work agreement and how can I get a law consultation

I have a agreement for a 2 year with a company I transport products and delivery to hes customers with hes regulations all goes good for one year and now he just cut my payment in half alleging the diferente can be hes company profits and I have to do the same work with half of the payment.

I owe a transport company and have a agreement with the COTSCO supplier we agree on a rate per load with driver assist (driver uload and count product) las year all went good and this pass 3 months now I receive a call from the COTSCO supplier and he said is paid half of the rate agreed because his company is keeping the rest as profit he receive the same paid from COTSCO to deliver hes product but they reduce my shipping payment basically half of the rate and also they add 1 extra Stop to my deliver route is this legal?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: A verbal work agreement is an agreement made between two parties that is not in writing. While verbal agreements are legally binding in California, it can be difficult to prove the terms of the agreement in court if there is a dispute. It is always advisable to have any employment or business agreements in writing to avoid misunderstandings and to provide a clear record of the terms of the agreement.

Regarding your specific situation, it sounds like you have a dispute with your employer and/or supplier over the terms of your work agreement. To get legal consultation on this matter, you may want to consult with an attorney who practices employment or business law in California.

To find an attorney, you can start by contacting the California State Bar Association or searching online for attorneys in your area who specialize in employment or business law. You may also want to consider reaching out to legal aid organizations in your area if you cannot afford an attorney.

It is important to provide your attorney with all relevant documents and information regarding your work agreement, including any written or verbal agreements, invoices, and correspondence with your employer or supplier. Your attorney can advise you on your legal options and help you navigate the dispute resolution process, which may involve negotiations, mediation, or litigation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.