Washington, GA asked in Civil Litigation and Small Claims for Georgia

Q: I’m being sued for small claims amount on documents state I owe the plaintif $2,491.00 for money I took from his busines

Plaintiff states while working for his business I (Took) money from his business

3 Lawyer Answers
Glenn M. Lyon
Glenn M. Lyon
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: What is your question?

A: You should speak with an attorney about such factors as:

- The other party's claims and your potential defenses to those claims

- Your potential counterclaims and the other party's potential defenses to those claims

- Criminal charges that could result from the same facts

- Court processes and procedures

- Timelines and deadlines

- Costs

- Right to appeal

Even if you choose to represent yourself in court, it can still help to have a bit of guidance from a knowledgeable attorney.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: There wasn't a question included, but one option is to review the lawsuit papers with a Georgia attorney - validity of allegations, defenses, etc. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.