Greentown, IN asked in Contracts, Civil Rights and Employment Law for Indiana

Q: Can I reinstate EEO claim if federal settlement agreement was not honored and I didn't contact Resolutin Mgmt in 30 days

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: Under federal EEO laws, employees who believe they have been discriminated against in the workplace can file a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and pursue a legal claim. In some cases, these claims are settled through a federal settlement agreement.

If you have entered into a federal settlement agreement and the terms of that agreement have not been honored, you may be able to reinstate your EEO claim. However, the process for doing so can vary depending on the specific circumstances of your case.

In some cases, federal settlement agreements include provisions for addressing disputes or breaches of the agreement. If this is the case, you may be able to file a complaint with the EEOC or other relevant agency to enforce the terms of the agreement.

If your settlement agreement does not include provisions for addressing disputes or breaches, you may still be able to pursue legal action to enforce the terms of the agreement. However, you will need to act quickly as there may be strict deadlines for taking action.

It is important to note that if you failed to contact the Resolution Management office within the 30-day period specified in your settlement agreement, you may have limited options for enforcing the agreement. However, it may still be worth consulting with an attorney or EEOC representative to discuss your options.

In general, if you believe your federal settlement agreement has been breached or not honored, you should seek legal advice as soon as possible to determine your rights and options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.