Los Angeles, CA asked in Employment Law and Employment Discrimination for Arizona

Q: Can my employer place me from a Licensed Practical Nurse to a Certified Nurses Assistant full time?

I am an LPN at a company where a CNA quit and I was told that I will now work full-time as a CNA to make up the gap. I reached out, had a meeting with my direct supervisor, and sent an email with my regional manager asking if this is a permanent roll and they will not say if it is or not as they claim there is not a "plan yet" and this is a "quick fix." Also, I have many other employees witnessing hurtful things being said about me by the regional manager and another nurse which makes me believe that I am trying to be forced to quit in a "work bullying" situation. How do I go about doing everything legally to keep my job and document what could be retaliation?

1 Lawyer Answer
Rhiannon Herbert
Rhiannon Herbert
  • Employment Law Lawyer
  • Columbus, OH

A: There is not anything inherently unlawful about your employer's actions in switching you to a different job. If, however, you believe your employer is intending to force your resignation based on a protected class characteristic (race, sex, age, disability, religion, veteran status), then you should consult an Arizona employment attorney to discuss your situation in further detail.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.