Miami, FL asked in Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury for Florida

Q: I donated plasma and formed a blood clot in my legs can I sue

I w as admitted to the hospital for the clots and now on blood thinners

1 Lawyer Answer

A: In a medical malpractice case, the key question is whether a healthcare provider’s actions fell below the standard of care for providers in that particular area of healthcare.

A bad outcome standing alone is not dispositive.

In your case, it depends on what the healthcare provider did or did not do, if anything, that caused the blood clot. Then you need to find out from another healthcare provider in that same field of healthcare if that conduct falls below the standard of care.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.