Berkeley, CA asked in Social Security for California

Q: Social security administration employee has been harassing me for years. Now costing me time and money

Example: told me I could only use gross wages as an independent contractor. This led to my benefits being stopped twice.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Social Security Disability Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I'm sorry to hear that you have been dealing with harassment from a Social Security Administration employee. You may be able to take action to address this situation.

Firstly, it's important to document any instances of harassment and keep records of all interactions with this employee. You should also report the harassment to the Social Security Administration's Office of the Inspector General or the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

Regarding the issue with your benefits being stopped twice, you may want to speak with a Social Security attorney or advocate who can help you navigate the system and ensure that your benefits are correctly calculated and disbursed.

It's also worth noting that you may be able to file a complaint against the Social Security Administration with the Office of Civil Rights and Civil Liberties or the Department of Justice, if you feel that your rights have been violated.

In any case, I recommend seeking legal advice and exploring all options available to you. This situation is unacceptable and you deserve to be treated fairly and respectfully.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.