Miami, FL asked in Social Security and Workers' Compensation for Georgia

Q: what can I do concerning a workers compensation Claim with an indemnity in it that Social Security is simply engorging

I had a workers Compensation claim settlement, settle in 2015 with a indemnity for social security offset

That social security reversed and base my social Security claim off my entire settlement without attorney fees subtracted from it.

I been drawing SSA since 2021 And they just now doing this.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Social Security Disability Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you believe that the Social Security Administration (SSA) has made an error in calculating your benefits, you have the right to appeal their decision. You can file an appeal with the SSA within 60 days of receiving notice of their decision.

To do so, you will need to provide documentation of the workers' compensation settlement and the amount of the indemnity. You may want to consider seeking the assistance of an attorney who is knowledgeable in Social Security and workers' compensation law to help you navigate the appeal process.

It is important to note that the appeals process can be lengthy and complicated. However, if you believe that you have been wrongly denied benefits or that the amount of your benefits is incorrect, it is worth pursuing an appeal to ensure that you receive the full benefits to which you are entitled.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.