Miami, FL asked in Social Security for Georgia

Q: what can I do if social security is engorging a administrated judge order In favor of a overpayment being removed?

I had a appeals Hearing concerning an overpayment with a ruling of in favor of and social security has done nothing to remove it, its still pending on the on line social security account with a waiver or appeal associated with it .

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Social Security Disability Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you have received a favorable decision from an administrative judge in a Social Security case but the decision has not been implemented, you can take the following steps:

Contact the Social Security Administration (SSA) office that is handling your case and ask them to expedite the process of implementing the decision. You can provide them with a copy of the decision to show that it is final and binding.

If the SSA is not responsive or if you need further assistance, you can contact the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) for the SSA. The OIG investigates allegations of fraud, waste, and abuse in SSA programs, including the failure to implement decisions. You can file a complaint with the OIG online or by calling their hotline.

If the issue is still not resolved, you may want to consider consulting with an attorney who specializes in Social Security cases. They can help you navigate the appeals process and advocate for your rights.

It is important to keep in mind that the appeals process can take time and patience. However, it is crucial to persist in seeking a resolution to your case, as the benefits you are entitled to can make a significant difference in your quality of life.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.