Q: My fiancee faces Felony Strang. after cops illegally entered my home. Prosecutor wants me to build a case. I said no!!

1 officer let himself into my home through 2 doors & a flight of stairs! I had called 911 & hung up to scare my husband.

The cop opened my front door & chased my husband down. I stood there in shock. A few minutes later, another officer arrived & told me to put my dog up so he could enter. He said hurry up or I'll enter & shoot her. I'm crying harder & struggling as my dog is scared under the bed. I told them to get out for 30 mins! I even left & came back to them deciding on arresting him so I freaked out & they told me to shut up or I'd go to jail too. He got arrested & went to the hospital on DMV. They said he'd be out next week. Hours later, they came back 'to take pictures'. I was tricked because they added a strangulation charge! That never happened! The officer admitted confusion & said the chief asked for pictures to cover their own illegally entry. The next day, the same cop came to drop off a victims paper like WTF. Our life is crumbling. He's in jail with no court date :'(

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Hire the best criminal defense attorney for your husband that you can find.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.