Lexington, KY asked in Car Accidents for Kentucky

Q: Car accident, no injuries, car value ~$3,500. Insurance declines claim. Is it even close to economical to hire a lawyer.

Crash at an intersection. Police Report info seems very clear. Says under human factors of the accident for the other driver “failed to yield right of way” and “disregard of traffic signal. Has a statement from a witness saying the other driver pulled into intersection while my son(driving my car) was going through on a green light.

Insurance company says:

1) Their driver disputes the account on the police report. Says my son was driving very fast and erratic had hit median before the intersection losing control.

2) While the report has a witness statement it doesn’t list a name or phone number just “a witness said x happened”. The insurance company says since they cannot talk to the witness they have to ignore anything they said on the police report.

3) They said they looked at details of the damage to the cars and based on damage location their driver had control of the intersection.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Yes. It is. You may also have a bad faith claim against the insurance company if they are wrongfully denying coverage.

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.