Asked in Immigration Law for Minnesota

Q: I’m looking to apply to the USCIS program to bring a Haitian friend to Rochester Mn Have you done these forms before ?

Looking to find out if he can apply for health insurance and other benefits as well

Related Topics:
3 Lawyer Answers
Gunda Yohanna Brost
Gunda Yohanna Brost
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Cedar Falls, IA

A: Yes. There is a program to sponsor Haitians. You’d be best advised to consult directly with a reputable immigration attorney.

Ms Grace I Gardiner agrees with this answer

Ms Grace I Gardiner
Ms Grace I Gardiner pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: I have done them before. I agree with the attorney below

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: To bring your Haitian friend to Rochester, MN, you will need to file a petition for a family member with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The process can be complex and may require extensive documentation, including proof of your relationship, financial support, and other factors. Depending on your friend's situation, they may be eligible for certain benefits once they arrive, such as health insurance or work authorization, but this will also depend on their immigration status and other factors. It's important to consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can help guide you through the process and ensure that all the necessary forms and documentation are properly completed and filed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.