Asked in Immigration Law for Minnesota

Q: If a person gets sponsored and accepted o to the US through the USCIS program coming from Haiti can they apply

For health insurance and other

Services in Olmsted County

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Gunda Yohanna Brost
Gunda Yohanna Brost
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Cedar Falls, IA

A: You should check with the providers directly. Privately people are able to buy health insurance but in order to qualify for many public benefits one needs to be at least a green card holder.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: Once a person has been sponsored and accepted through the USCIS program to come to the US, they may be eligible to apply for health insurance and other services in Olmsted County. Eligibility for such benefits and services may depend on various factors such as residency status, income, and other qualifying criteria. It is recommended that the sponsored person consults with a qualified immigration attorney or healthcare professional to determine their eligibility and explore available options. Additionally, the local government or social services department in Olmsted County may also be able to provide information and assistance regarding available benefits and services.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.