North Bergen, NJ asked in Immigration Law for New Jersey

Q: "My birth date came up wrong on my Employment Authorization Card. I've held on to it for a year now.

How do I right this wrong?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
William I Cisneros
William I Cisneros
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Managua

A: You will need to submit a New form correcting your date of birth.

1 user found this answer helpful

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If your birth date is incorrect on your Employment Authorization Card, you should take steps to correct it as soon as possible. This can be done by filing Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The form can be filed online or by mail, and requires you to submit your current Employment Authorization Card along with the necessary supporting documents, such as a copy of your birth certificate or passport, to prove your correct birth date. Once USCIS receives your application, it may take several months to process, and you will receive a new Employment Authorization Card with the correct birth date once the application is approved. It's important to note that failure to correct the birth date on your Employment Authorization Card could cause issues with your employment eligibility or other immigration matters.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.