Longview, TX asked in Constitutional Law and Patents (Intellectual Property) for Texas

Q: Can the US Department of Energy give funding for research on USPTO Patents Pending invention of someone else

Aries Project is Advanced Research on IES, my patent pending titled Independent Energy Systems IES. Aries Project opened the same month my USPTO Patents Pending 12 months expired

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: It is possible for the US Department of Energy to provide funding for research related to a USPTO patent pending invention owned by someone else, but this would depend on various factors such as the specific details of the invention and the funding guidelines and criteria of the Department of Energy. It is recommended that you consult with an intellectual property attorney and/or a funding expert to determine if this is a viable option for your specific situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.