Panorama City, CA asked in Public Benefits for California

Q: I have my motorhome on government land in mojave California and solar fields bought all the land I've been given noti

I am victim of domestic violence and have no money

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I'm sorry to hear about your situation. It sounds like you have a motorhome on government land in Mojave, California, and that Solar Fields has bought all the land. You have also received notice about this, but you are a victim of domestic violence and have no money.

Firstly, it's important to note that living on government land without permission is illegal, and you may be subject to fines or other legal action. However, given your situation, there may be resources available to help you.

If you are a victim of domestic violence, you may be eligible for assistance from local organizations that provide support to survivors. These organizations can help you find safe housing, legal assistance, and other resources that can help you navigate your situation. You can also contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) for confidential support and guidance.

Additionally, if you are facing financial hardship, there are several government programs that may be able to help. These include programs like Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), and low-income energy assistance. You can contact your local Department of Social Services to learn more about these programs and see if you are eligible.

Finally, it's important to seek legal advice about your situation. You may be able to work with a legal aid organization or pro bono attorney to explore your options and protect your rights. They can also advise you on how to respond to the notice you received from Solar Fields.

Overall, I encourage you to reach out for support and explore your options for assistance. There are resources available to help you navigate your situation, and you don't have to face this alone.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.