Louisville, KY asked in Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Kentucky

Q: Can the cops keep coming into my home without finding anything/anyone, there is no search warrant.

I live in a small town in Kentucky, my ex had trouble with the law quiet a bit but not me…. He moved out an went his own way years ago…. They came with a warrent once an detained me but never found anything or him… an I keep telling them he isn’t hear. They have came non stop for years after that, I have complied let them look through my home even when I was sick (Where I have autoimmune issues).. I still obeyed…. They have found nothing, they haven’t seen him here or anything… the last time they came I let them do a walk through an they came through my home they didn’t find anything so when they got done with there walk through I told them I would like to lay down since I was sick… well low an behold it hasn’t stopped them they r still driving up an down by my home multitudes of times come to my home all the time without finding him or anything! They won’t leave me alone!!!! How many times can they legally harass me, without finding anything… I just want to be left alone!!!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: No. You do not. No search warrant = no search. Don’t let them search without a warrant.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.