Jackson, MS asked in Traffic Tickets for Mississippi

Q: Speed ticket Canton Parkway, yes guilty , I would like to pay the fine.

It’s been 20 days since ticket was issued the Canton Municipal Court still has no record. Court date is June 14 all I want is to pay the fine and move on i’m not contagious but they can’t tell me how much so How can I go about paying the fine? Can the police tear up a ticket and throw it away without turning it in?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Melissa L Gardner-Ardoin
Melissa L Gardner-Ardoin
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Olive Branch, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: If the Court has no record of the ticket, the officer hasn’t turned it in. You can’t pay the ticket until it is turned in and sworn to by the officer before the clerk or some other designated person. Continue to check back periodically to see if it has been turned in. If the officer doesn’t turn it in, appear in court on the court date and ask that it be dismissed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.