Asked in Employment Law for Illinois

Q: Hello I have a problem with my employer and the state of Illinois unemployment office trying to draw my benefits

But I live in Tennessee but my employer is in Gurnee Illinois

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Cynthia Pietrucha
Cynthia Pietrucha pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Naperville, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: If you're looking for free legal help with your Illinois unemployment benefits, the IDES does offer free attorneys on a case-by-case basis.

As of 5/1/2023, here is what IDES says to do to inquire about free unemployment representation:

As a claimant, which of the two "claimant" law firms should I contact for legal services?

If your Social Security number ends in a 0 through 4, call:

(800) 884-6591 toll-free

(847) 991-9240 out of state (not toll-free)

(866) 848-5609 TTY toll-free

If your Social Security number ends in a 5 through 9, call:

(888) 430-1776 toll-free

(847) 251-1776 out of state (not toll-free)

(847) 251-6985 TTY (not toll-free)​

If you're ready to pay an Illinois attorney to help you, my firm represents employees in unemployment appeals. We help you prepare for your hearing by reviewing evidence, submitting evidence, identifying witnesses, and conducting a mock hearing to ensure you're fully prepared to make your case.

If you've already had a hearing and are still denied benefits, we also offer second level appeals with the IDES Board of Review. We'll obtain hearing transcripts and write written arguments to appeal administrative law judge decisions.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.