Jacksonville, FL asked in Family Law and Child Custody for South Carolina

Q: Hi! A parent in South Carolina with sole legal and physical custody have to share a change of address to the otherparent

Her father have visitation and the mother myself have sole legal physical custody and I recently moved but still in South Carolina, do I have to share my address to the other parent? I have his address due to visitations.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Megan Hunt Dell
Megan Hunt Dell
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Charleston, SC
  • Licensed in South Carolina

A: If there is a prior Order addressing each parent's rights and obligations, it probably contains a provision requiring each parent to keep the other updated of their current addresses.

If the prior Order does not contain a provision like that, a parent who is entitled to visitation with their children is probably also entitled to know the address where they are living most of the time.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.