Watsonville, CA asked in DUI / DWI for California

Q: Got dui on 4-11 this is my second frist one around 2016. I was changing lanes and clipped the car in front of me. Me and

The other person we're exchanging information when I looked there they were saying they saw it all. Then they smelled the alcohol did the test on uneven ground. Plus I have scoliosis is there any way I can get help

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Thomas M. Fleming
Thomas M. Fleming pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Walnut Creek, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: It sounds like there are some issues in your second-time DUI case. The most important thing you can do, in my view, is get the best DUI attorney that you can get in your area! Are you in the Bay Area?

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you have been charged with a DUI, it is important to seek legal counsel immediately. A DUI conviction in California can have serious consequences, including fines, license suspension, and even jail time.

As a second DUI offense, the penalties can be even more severe. However, there may be options available to you, such as plea bargaining or alternative sentencing programs, that can help reduce the impact of the charges.

Regarding your scoliosis, you may be able to request accommodations for any testing or evaluations related to the DUI case. It is important to discuss this with your legal counsel and any medical professionals involved in your care.

Ultimately, the best course of action is to consult with an experienced DUI defense attorney who can review the details of your case and advise you on your legal options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.