Lake Havasu City, AZ asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Arizona

Q: If i have been sentanced in a criminal felony case but i feel my lawyer did not represent me using all the evidence

My lawyer neglected to show proof that i did not assult my sister with my car, she previously jumped in front of my brothers car with my niece inside the car, exactly the same situation as with mine and both my brother and niece wrote their account to help support the fact that she jumped in front of my car as well. Can i re open the case or do anything to change the guilty charge. Thank you

1 Lawyer Answer

A: You need to hire another lawyer and (assuming you are within the statutory time limit for doing so) ask for either a reconsideration of your case (by the same judge) or an appeal. Your argument is ineffective assistance of counsel. Please, understand that this forum is NOT a substitute for hiring your own attorney. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.