Nashville, TN asked in Family Law, Adoption, Child Custody and Juvenile Law for Tennessee

Q: Pro Bono Needed Please!!!!!!

I have recently been through heck and back since February of this year, My mom passed March 13th 2023 also, but my child’s father has not seen or talked to my daughter for 7 or so months, we have a court order for child support since 2017 . The last payment received was 12/12/22. When they try to serve him he has people lie for him so he can’t be found. My husband has been in my daughters life for 6 in a half years now and does everything for her, we have limited income due to the house flooding, the reconstruction and so on. We are wanting to terminate my daughter bilogical fathers rights so my husband can adopt her. I would greatly appreciate the help with this

1 Lawyer Answer
Henry Ambrose
Henry Ambrose pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Franklin, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Go to the local Child Support Office and take all your court orders about your child with you. They may be able to help you. If that does not work out, contact Legal Aid. You may be able to get a pro bono lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.