Kansas City, MO asked in Employment Law for Nebraska

Q: My previous employer is basically refusing to pay me on a couple of missed deposits

While working for Casey’s, I was working more hours than anyone. Not only was I told I needed to start clocking out and continuing my work but they also owe me a lot of money. While doing my 2022 taxes I had noticed a couple of pay dates that were not deposited into my accounts. I emailed the district manager who basically told me I’m not getting the money “not those exact words”

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
  • Omaha, NE
  • Licensed in Nebraska

A: You have a number of options. Accounting errors due happen and are generally resolved by the employee bringing such to the employer's attention.

However, if an employer is not paying for wages earned, you can make a complaint for such through the Nebraska Department of Labor:


You can also file an action for unpaid wages under the Nebraska Wage Payment and Collection Act. This action can include an award of attorney fees for having to bring the action.

There may be other options as well and you would need to speak with an attorney about your best course of action.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.