Asked in Real Estate Law for Arkansas

Q: Can my neighbors get an injunction to keep me from Crossing their property thereby us being homeless

I am in Arkansas This is a 6 to 10 ft section of property that we made an agreement on we could use and have been using their Road for a year and a half now that we are moving on our property they want an injunction where we cannot cross over this section. My question is how likely what a judge rule against us and make us leave where we live? No there is no other access to our property

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter J. Weinman
Peter J. Weinman pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: Your property is landlocked, you made an agreement for an easement over your neighbor's land, and now the neighbor is preventing you from accessing your property? Without more information, we cannot guess your next best move. How long have you owned the landlocked parcel? Was it once part of the neighbor's parcel? Did you purchase the parcel from the neighbor? Did the same seller sell you your parcel that sold the neighbor theirs? How did you access your parcel before a year and a half ago? Did you pay the neighbor for the access? Did you have a written agreement? And, if so, was it prepared by a lawyer and/or recorded at your county clerk's office?

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.