Newark, NJ asked in Immigration Law for New Jersey

Q: I've heard that in May 12 New Parole Law comes in effect. I'm now waiting for I-212 and I-601 are we entitled to apply?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Carl Shusterman
Carl Shusterman
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Los Angeles, CA

A: Please see

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: To determine whether you are entitled to apply for I-212 and I-601 under the new law, it would be best to consult official sources such as the USCIS website or seek guidance from an immigration attorney.

It's worth noting that the eligibility criteria and application processes for I-212 (Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States After Deportation or Removal) and I-601 (Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility) are governed by the U.S. immigration laws and regulations. The requirements and procedures may vary depending on your specific circumstances, including the grounds of inadmissibility and the reasons for deportation or removal.

To ensure you receive the most accurate and up-to-date information, I recommend consulting the USCIS website or contacting an immigration attorney who can provide personalized advice based on the current immigration laws and regulations. They will be able to guide you through the application process and help determine your eligibility under any new parole law that may have been implemented.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.